In the human body, the main "deposits" of fat are concentrated in the subcutaneous tissue and in the abdominal cavity and its wall, namely the abdomen. In the normal state, in an adult, fat accumulates due to an increase in the size of existing fat cells (adipocytes). But with an excess amount of fat in the cell, the process of their reproduction begins, which leads to a multiple increase in the number of fat cells. They begin to accumulate, including between the organs of the abdominal cavity (viscera), as well as in the lower and upper parts of the body. At the same time, the layer of fat in the abdomen of overweight people can reach a thickness of 10, 15, or even 20 cm (for comparison: in hawthorns and seals, the thickness of subcutaneous fat is 5-10 cm). Will abdominal slimming exercises help in "shaking" excess fat?
Effective Abdominal Thinning Exercises
In principle, exercises for rapid weight loss in the abdomen - without a well-balanced nutrition system - will not give the desired effect. Because adipose tissue is not just a "storehouse" of extra pounds. It actively maintains its presence in the body with a leptin specially produced of the peptide hormone, which performs the function of "control and control" in the energy metabolism system.
But not everything is so hopeless. Triglycerides are synthesized in fat cells, of which adipose tissue mainly consists. When triglycerides are broken down, the body receives energy and the more energy is expended, the more triglycerides are broken down. That is, abdominal weight loss exercises are highly increased physical activity, in which there is an increase in fat intake. The main thing is that morning exercises for slimming the abdomen are not accompanied by breakfast, lunch and dinner, which in their caloric content would exceed the energy expended for their implementation. . .
So home exercises for belly weight loss, according to weight loss experts, should be done at least three times a week. From the beginning of classes, each exercise is performed 8-10 times, and once a person is drawn into this business, all abdominal weight loss exercises at home should be performed at least 20-25 times each.
A standard set of exercises for losing weight in the abdomen involves doing exercises in different positions - standing, sitting and lying down. The following exercises are performed while stretching:
- Lying on your back, legs and arms straight, arms extended along the body. Without bringing your shoulders forward as you inhale, lift your back off the floor, raise your arms straight toward your feet, sit up, and bend forward, trying to reach your toes with your hands. On exhalation, return to its normal position.
- Lying on their backs, the legs are bent at the knees, while the legs are almost open at shoulder width. The hands are sores behind the head, the fingers "closed", the elbows on the sides. Inhale - head, shoulders and shoulders come off the floor (chin should not be pressed to the chest), tense abdominal muscles. In this position, stretch for 5-10 seconds. Exhale - again take a supine position.
- Lying on your back, legs and arms straight, arms extended along the body. The straight legs during suction are raised by 30 degrees in relation to the floor plane, this position is held for five seconds, the initial position is taken at the exit.
- The starting position is the same as the previous exercise. As you inhale, bend your knees and perform a movement that simulates cycling (30 seconds three times, with a 5-second break).
- Lying on your back, legs bent at the knees, straight arms extending along the body. As you inhale, lift your pelvis off the floor (with emphasis on the shoulder shoulder region) so that your stomach is in line with your knees. The position is held for 5-10 seconds and the starting position is slowly taken at the exit.
- Lying on his back, legs bent at the knees, arms behind his head, elbows sideways. Inhale - the elbow of the left hand extends towards the right knee. Exit - starting position. Suck - elbow of the right hand extends to the left knee. Exit - starting position.
Abdominal slimming exercises on the legs
Simple but effective abdominal slimming exercises - traditional lowering and bending.
- Stand up straight, feet together, hands at waist. Keeping your back and shoulders as straight as possible, sit without raising your heels off the floor. The lower the contraction, the more the abdominal muscles tense during extension. If you have difficulty, you can do this exercise while holding your hand, for example, in the back of a chair.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, hands at waist or behind head. Suck - lean forward, exhale - steer, suck - lean back, exhale - steer.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms up. Inhale (at the expense of 1-2-3) - an elastic forward bend with the toes touching the feet or the floor. In account 4 (breathing) - take the starting position.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, hands above waist. Tighten the abdominal muscles firmly, then (without holding your breath) relax the muscles. The exercise is repeated 10-15 times.
Lower Abdominal Slimming Exercises
When doing abdominal slimming exercises while sitting, make sure your back and shoulders are straight. This increases the load on the abdominal muscles.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly extended in the support position. Keep your right legs together, lift them off the floor, and "draw" circles in the air with both feet - three times to the left and the same amount to the right. Repeat the exercise 3-4 times with short breaks.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms outstretched forward. Alternately lifting the buttocks and straining the abdominal muscles, move back and forth (one meter). Repeat the exercise 5-6 times.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly extended in the support position. Keep your straight legs together, leaning back slightly, alternately lifting them off the floor. The exercise is repeated in three groups of 10 times.
Men's Belly Thinning Exercises
All of the above abdominal slimming exercises can be done by men with the same success as women, but the number of repetitions should be increased (up to 20-25 times). But exercises with added load:
- Lie on the floor, legs straight, arms straight out along the body. As you inhale, raise your straight legs up (do not raise your head and shoulders! ) And hold in this position for 10 seconds. During extraction - take the original position. As you exercise, the time you keep your legs elevated should gradually increase.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly extended in the support position. Keep your legs straight together; leaning back slightly, lift your legs off the floor, bend at the knees and press to the chest. Then straighten your legs and sit on the floor.
- The starting position is similar to the previous exercise, but the legs are raised, bent and pressed to the chest alternately - right and left separately.
Abdominal slimming exercises for men involve the active use of a horizontal bar. The simplest of these is this: hang on straight arms, then, as you inhale, bend your knees and steer slowly as you raise them parallel to the floor (or ground). With exhalation - return to normal starting position.
Bodyflex Exercises for Abdominal Weight Loss
A popular complex of breathing exercises for slimming the abdomen - bodyflex, developed over 20 years ago by American Greer Childers.
It is believed that bodyflex exercises for abdominal weight loss are aimed at "saturating the body with oxygen", which is achieved by temporarily holding the breath. At the same time, breathing exercises are combined with isotonic and isometric exercises, i. e. static and strength muscle tension without moving the parts of the body involved in the exercise.
Breathing exercises to weaken the abdomen using the bodyflex method
According to the bodyflex technique, you must first exhale all the air out of your lungs - through your mouth, making your lips a "tube". Then a quick and intense breath is taken through the nose (breathing should be noisy) - to fill the lungs to capacity. After that, raising your head, you should exhale all the air with all your might - but this time through an open mouth. But now you need to fully hold your breath, tilt your head to your chest and pull on your stomach as much as possible (for 8-10 seconds). The final step is to relax the abdominal muscles and breathe normally. All bodyflex exercises for abdominal weakening are performed only in the phase of holding the breath (and drawing on the abdomen).
Starting position: kneel, bend and stand on the floor with the palms of your arms straight. The back is straight, the head is raised. A breathing exercise is performed (as described above) and as you hold your breath and draw in the abdomen, you should tilt your head and arch your back as much as possible. This pose is held for 8-10 seconds. This is followed by extraction and relaxation of the back and abdomen. The exercise is repeated three times at intervals of 15-20 seconds.
Here is another exercise, for which you should lie on your back, spread your legs slightly less than shoulder width apart and bend at the knees (feet fully on the floor), arms extended along the body. Next, perform a breathing exercise (as described above) and draw on the stomach. When holding your breath, you should: raise your hands up and lift your head off the floor (throwing it back), shoulders and back, raising them as high as possible; return to the supine position and, touching the back of the head to the floor, repeat the movement. After the second rise, normally return to its original position and inhale, relaxing the stomach. This exercise is repeated three times at half-minute intervals.
Finally, a slimming exercise for the lower abdomen. Lie on your back on the floor, legs straight together, arms bent at the elbows (palms down) are placed under the buttocks. After the completed breathing exercise - while holding the breath and the abdomen stretched - the straight legs rise slightly above the floor (the toes are elongated, the head and shoulders remain motionless) and become the "scissors" of wide rapid swings, changingthe position of the legs (above or below the other). Movements are made in eight to ten counts. The legs sit down and breathe. Repeat - 3-4 times with breaks of 20 seconds.
Despite the fact that most breathing exercises, including breathing exercises for weakening the abdomen, are beneficial, it is believed that the bodyflex system is potentially unsafe, as holding your breath leads to high blood pressure and breakdown ofheart rate.
There is another system of breathing exercises (again in combination with physical activity) to reduce fat deposits in the groin and abdomen - oxidize. True, you do not need to hold your breath here. Oxygenation is generally a modified version of the American flex body, supplemented by abdominal breathing. There is nothing new here because diaphragmatic breathing (east, bottom or abdominal breathing) has long been practiced by yoga, which has special pranayama techniques.
Abdominal Thin Yoga Exercises
Abdominal breathing is used to increase the supply of oxygen to the bloodstream and to strengthen the muscles in the lower abdomen. Here is the svadhisthana chakra, which in Ayurveda is considered to be responsible for human immunity and overall vitality.
The most accessible technique for performing yoga breathing exercises to weaken the abdomen looks like this: you have to put one palm on your chest and the other on your stomach, take a deep breath through your nose, inflate your stomach so that your palmyour erect (along the abdominal wall). In this case, the palm lying on the chest should remain immobile. Exhalation is also done through the nose, and should be longer and smoother than suction. When you exhale, the abdominal wall must be "pressed" against the spine, as a result of which the palm on the stomach falls into its original position.
Now let's dwell on the simplest yoga exercises for weight loss in the abdomen.
Bhujangasaga - Pose Cobra
Lie on the floor on your stomach, legs straight, knees and feet pressed together, toes extended; arms bent at the elbows, extending along the chest, palms forward. As you inhale - make an emphasis with your palms, slowly and gradually raise your body to the height of your arms directed at the backrest. In this case, the back bends, the sternum is pulled forward and up, the shoulders are pulled back and down, the elbows are pressed against the lateral surfaces of the chest and the head is tilted back. Hold the pose for half a minute (with one breath holding for 5 seconds), then bend the arms at the elbows and, as you exhale, sit gently in the starting position. Repeat the exercise three times.
Ardha Navasana - Half Boat Pose
Sit on the floor, knees bent, arms down along the chest. Round back, press the lower back region firmly to the floor, shoulders and the rest of the back remain on the weight. Then straighten the legs and raise them 25-30 cm above the floor. Extend your arms towards your legs. The legs, abdomen and lower back are tense, breathing is equal. Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
Dhanurasana - bow pose
An effective exercise for weight loss in the lower abdomen, as well as for strengthening the spine (reminiscent of the "frog" exercise known from childhood).
Lie on the floor on your stomach, bend your legs at the knees, lift them and grab the legs with your hands. As you inhale, bend your back and raise both legs, pulling them with your hands on your back. Hold your breath for 5 seconds while exhaling, release your hands and gently lower your feet to the floor. The number of repetitions of the asana is three to four times.
Halasana - Plow Pose (simplified version)
Lie on your back - head against the wall (at a distance of about half a meter), legs straight, straight arms extended along the body. While sucking, lift your straight legs up, bend your arms and put your hands on your hips, holding your body. When extracting - throw your straight legs behind your head, touch your feet to the wall. Stay in the asanas for 10 seconds, take a deep breath. During extraction - slowly disassemble, when the back rests firmly on the floor - gently lower the legs. This yoga exercise slimming the abdomen is useful to do with fat deposits not only in the stomach but also in the groin.
The body is a "load" that a person constantly "carries" with him. And it takes effort and perseverance to ease this burden. Only they will help to systematically perform exercises for weight loss in the abdomen and thus to share with those excess pounds.